Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mussels Part Deux


New shellfish licenses in hand Eddy and I headed to the beach for another round of musseling.  A missed turn lead us further north to a new spit of coast.  We stopped near the town of Garibaldi where we sited a few promising rocks.  Tidepoolers were also out gingerly negotiating spillery rocks, recalling my first tide pool encounter.

I was five when Mrs. Masouline's kindergarten class took a fieldtrip to the beach.  I don't remember much beyond the wind and the idea of clambering over rocks to spot a lone anenome felt like a bother. 

Things have brightened, the years have brought a new zeal for tromping, long jaunts, and general messiness thanks for my love of good eats 

and Eddy too.

I'll even sport enormous waders

but only if there are mussels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails