Sunday, September 25, 2011

hiatus

I think that's the longest I've been away.

I'll blame it on getting hitched and the humid quagmire that makes for a Japanese summer.   But really, this summer was lovely, a busy one full of love and work.   Recently, a lite side project's been keeping me busy and along with a new camera - my hands are pleasantly full.

In weather news, a typhoon came through and with it took with it the last of a hot heavy summer.  It's been a glorious few days, cool nights and temperatures that make frowning an impossibly.   Perfect weather for our local grade school's Sports Day, an annual field day event where parents come to watch kids get sweaty in unison.   I stopped by today to take a peek.  I caught the relay race and for some bizarre reason, as I stood watching kids run around a dusty track, I felt a familiar tightness that predicts the falling of tears.  After giving it some thought I think what moved me, was the conviction in which the kids ran; the purity of their hearts.  They ran cheeks puffing, awkward bodies pumping, and all the while smiles cracking - a welcome transference of joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails